We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Sunday 5 May 2013

House of cards ....

Finished tidying the craft room, and it stayed immaculate for about half a day!  And I forgot to take a photo, .... I'll try and remember to do so next time.

I'm sure I am no different from other crafters; having a lot of partially completed stuff, or experimenting with techniques and not using the results.  So, decided to use some of this stuff up, and created a few cards.

I had stamped over a simple two-tone Pan Pastels background, then erased some of the colour away, so I added a sentiment, and black line border.



I did love doing the salt on watercolour paper technique.  Added a daisy to this one, created by  punching out some heart shapes and folding in half.



This salt background was quite beautiful, but dark - ideal for a man's card!  For the collage stamped image, highlighted areas with white wax crayon before adding the colour.  The crayon acts as a resist.




Liked using the collage stamp, so also did this one, using a background that had been stencilled with Sparkle Medium.


Time for tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment