We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Friday 24 May 2013

Bumps in the night!

Next Wednesday evening I'll be doing a demonstration at the Ashtead Card Making and Craft Club, on stencil bumping.  I love doing this technique on canvas, but I have adapted it to create backgrounds for cards.

To avoid the card going rather soggy and warped, I have not used acrylic paint alone. Create background colour with Distress Inks and Cut n Dry foam; then use a darker Distress Ink through the stencil; leave to dry. Bump the stencil slightly in one direction and use white acrylic paint through the stencil.  Don't be too fussy with it, as the white paint will react with the distress ink.

This card uses it as a background. I also love my Memory Box die of teeny birds.




This card uses it in the background and for the die-cut butterfly.


A full step by step guide will be put on the Club's blog shortly after Wednesday's get together (you will find the link on the sidebar).

1 comment: