As I'm on an enforced no crafting regime while the craft room is having a make-over, it is an ideal opportunity to catch up on some posts that have been patiently waiting in the wings!
Recently got together with another Brusho enthusiast and we experimented on quite a few different surfaces. Here are the results!
We mainly took two pieces of each surface and used one with a wash of two Brusho colours, the second one used a wet surface and a sprinkling of Brushos.
The wash went straight through and just left a few dirty marks, the wet and sprinkle did retain the colour, but not very inspiring.
So, not really successful!
The wash is quite subtle, half the piece was covered with acrylic wax, which intensified the colours.
Wet and sprinkle is more intense.
Would use this surface again, particularly in mixed media projects.
Another one I would use in projects.
We did try using Brushos on Bondaweb with very subtle, almost invisible results. Half of the second piece of mulberry paper has the addition of Bondaweb.
Yupo is a synthetic paper which is completely impervious to liquid.
The second piece is the reverse side, which gives a quite interesting effect.
Blotting paper is reasonably cheap, can be stitched into, and would be a useful addition to consider for mixed media projects.
You can just see here where I dropped some dry granules into it after an hour or so.
Would be a useful way to control where the colour goes, and could be put through a stencil. More experimenting needed!
I call this a Brusho sandwich!
Started with a clean piece of white blotting paper and coated it with acrylic wax.
Whilst the wax was still wet added crumpled tissue paper, topped with another coat of acrylic wax and left to dry.
Add Brushos to the back of the blotting paper, and to the front of the tissue paper. The acrylic wax between the blotting paper and tissue acts as a barrier, so you get 2 sets of colour that don't intermingle.
Finished with some gilding wax.
Loved the results!
Great fun, and we learned quite a bit.
I also like Brushos on glossy card. Here the granules were shaken on dry and then spritzed with water.
Craft room now finished, bar putting the window blind up, so I can start the marathon job of moving stuff back in! Will try and remember to take photos before it gets messy!
Happiness is looking forward to getting to my bed tonight, without negotiating a maze of boxes!