We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Sunday 20 August 2017

Power(tex) to the people ...

Had a session with a couple of other friends who wanted to try Powertex on a mirror frame. Unfortunately I forgot to take pics of their pieces - sorry!

I've used t-shirt yarn, paper clay roses and dragonfly, and bits of wallpaper, together with ivory Powertex and Bister sprays. I've done a lot of acrylic paint dry brushing on this, particularly in gold, which doesn't really come out in the photos.

Having finished it I can see a touch of Art Nouveau and Mackintosh in it, which just goes to show how we can be influenced by other art, even subconsciously!



Last week I went to this year's Summer Exhibition at the Royal Academy. The usual eclectic mix, here are a few of my favourites.

Sanctuary by Barbara Rae

She does a lot of work with the collaged birds, and I love them all.

This year, the red one attracted me!

















Golden Wasp Game #7 by Mike Chisholm

This is a digital print. I am drawn to the simple almost monotone image.




















Watching by Wendy Freestone
(bronze)
Quite small, which is what caught my eye, and maybe a little disturbing too.











Another fabulous art-filled day!

2 comments:

  1. Hope my mirror looks just as good !!!! Love the dragonfly and the little bit of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, I'm loving that mirror. The idea of using tee shirt yarn was brilliant and gave it that Art Nouveau look, I believe.

    Your choice of art to share from the exhibition was fabulous. I really liked the digital entry, because I'm simply NO GOOD with digital.

    ReplyDelete