We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Sunday 21 December 2014

Signs of the times .....

Still playing catch-up posting stuff!

A couple of weeks ago the Fearless Four got together for the last 2014 adventure! We each had some blank plaques to play with, and here are the results .....


Monica did three plaques, the first two using some diecuts, wooden pieces, and charms.

The relax one (and my favourite) used one layer from a napkin as a background, which is very effective, together with some shells. Can feel myself starting to chill just looking at it!












Linda, like me, has difficulty not using blue!

These are not finished, but I just love the textures  and shades of blue on these.









Lin created some striking door plaques for some little people, using some fabulous large wooden butterflies and owls.















I only managed one plaque, but I think I'm a bit slower than the others!! I have been immersed in quotations this year as a consequence of the Craft Barn challenge,  so I decided to use one.

I found some Grungeboard letters, to stick on my plaque - this is a quote by Walt Whitman.

I then painted the whole thing with black acrylic paint, and when dry, started to add several layers of ..... guess what ..... yes, blue (just for a change!). Finishing with a little dry brushed gold paint.

I added the experimental butterflies I created using the Pebeo ceramic and fantasy paints detailed in a previous post (see here).

I like the way the black shows through in certain places, something I must remember for future projects.


In that previous post I mentioned the Japanese poetry form of Haiku, which I am really taken with, so here is another one I've written ..... in tribute to the Winter Solstice.

The dormouse sleeps
And does not see the sparkle
Of winter's dance.


1 comment: