We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Monday 15 December 2014

Another challenge finishes - and I kept the FAITH!

The final 2014 Craft Barn Q&L challenge words are FAITH and HARMONY.

I had a little difficulty with this one, as I couldn't find anything to inspire me; then I got out my Emily Dickinson book and found this little gem, which made me smile!

"Faith" is a fine invention
When gentlemen can see -
But microscopes are prudent
In an emergency.

As I'm in a collage mood, I created a background from strips of magazine pages, then covered with a thin layer of gesso.  Stamped my selection of gentlemen (all by Tim Holtz) and used clear embossing powder to get stronger images, then used Brushos to add some colour.


I am so pleased I've made it to the end, as this is the first challenge I've entered.  It has been really fun, I've found some lovely creative people, made it onto the Wall of Fame five times, and also won the random number thingy!

I'm also going to be a bit cheeky and take a fab idea from Bluebeard and Elizabeth, by creating a collage of my entries - such an inspired idea Elizabeth, hope you don't mind!


Thank you to everyone for your comments throughout the year, I really think it is you that has kept me going!  I've tried to visit everyone too, and left comments where I was able to - such a diverse display of talent.

As it is just 16 days away - Happy 2015!

13 comments:

  1. This is lovely - has to be with my favourite men ! In fact all 12 are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I'm such a big fan of collage, I thought this entry was simply fabulous. I remember how much you like Dickinson, so this poem seems the perfect ending to this challenge.

    Actually, I was super GLAD you created a collage of all your body of work. I wish everyone would, because it makes it all so much fun to reminisce in this way. It's so nice to look back on pieces you have made, and remember how I felt when I first saw them. Thanks for sharing this with us. I know it took awhile to create, but it was well, well worth it!

    Wishing you a very happy new year, too, dear. I so enjoyed visiting you each time this past year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another super page from you Kay and it's wonderful to see your collection again. You have created some superb pieces throughout this challenge. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you've depicted this quote and great choice of men stamps. Love all 25 together too. It's been fun visiting everyone through the year and hopefully you'll be back in 2015. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have learned so much about techniques and composition by visiting your blog! This is a lovely collage! Lots of fun to see all your pieces together, too!

    (I went back and added a mosaic of mine!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're all very clever to create mosaic of your year's entries... love the latest one.. I can't wait to see what we'll be doing next year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your collage Kay it reminds me of New York's large skyscrapers and the gents from the Stock Exchange many years ago. Brilliant quote and from your favourite person, a perfect way to end the Challenge.

    Thank you for always leaving such encouraging comments and taking the time to drop by each Challenge, it has been much appreciated :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea with the strips of magazine papers. Love it. And the gentlemen work so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your page, the collage is great and the Gentlemen too. Fantastic total of 25 pages!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the way you've coloured those stamps, well done on completing the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another fabulous page. I can't believe this was the first challenge you've done. Well done on completing it and what fun to look back on all your entries.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great quote and the stamps are just right for it! Happy New Year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great idea for your background. Another super page to end the year. Well done on getting to the finishing post and look forward to seeing your work in this year's challenge. Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete