We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Sunday 17 August 2014

Tall and skinny .....

No, not me (I wish!) - just a new size of canvas!

My current preoccupation is with collage.  Up to now I've used pieces of painted card, but thought I would try painting tissue paper as an alternative.

Most tissue paper is not suitable, as it just disintegrates when wet, but I did have some Paper Artsy tissue, which is more robust -  shame it is no longer available. I also found some of their Crunchy Kraft paper.


I randomly painted some sheets, using a brayer, sequin waste, bottle tops, etc. with a few splatters!













The  new size of box canvas for me is 6" x 16" - prompted by a couple of friends who had done a workshop using this size.

Ingredients used:  texture paste, stencils, die-cut honeycomb shapes, and book pages.  I enjoyed using the painted tissue, though it is a little fiddly to hand cut the petals!

You will notice the attempted dribbles of gold.  I tried using Liquid Gold, but it is too thick to run any distance and I couldn't find my thinner.  Whilst trying to get it to run - disaster struck!  I knocked over the bottle.  What a mess, all I could do was mop it up with lots of pieces of card - so watch out for a proliferation of gold items in future projects!


I did love this size of canvas, so now I've got 2 more to do!

2 comments:

  1. Tall and Skinny - just what I would like to be. Look forward to seeing the next two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a breathtaking canvas. Fantastic details.

    ReplyDelete