We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Saturday 9 August 2014

Ink, Paint and a lot of Puff!

The next bi-monthly art journalling challenge from the Ashtead Club is an ink blot one.  We could use any type of ink to create a blot picture.  So with a choice of splatter, spritz, drop, squash or blow - which to chose!

I discarded splatter, as my Jackson Pollock moment had yet to manifest itself - see my post on the latest Craft Barn Q&L challenge here (in case you are confused, I don't necessarily post my work in chronological order!).

I decided to use acrylic ink on Yupo paper.  I'm still experimenting with Yupo. This synthetic paper is completely non-absorbent, so I thought it would be a good base to use for this particular challenge.

This is A4 size, and a couple of drops of black acrylic ink went an awfully long way - I huffed and puffed through a straw, and it just kept going!  I think I ran out of puff (and paper) before the ink ran out of movement!

Because the Yupo paper is quite thin I backed it with some thicker stuff, which made it more stable.

The birds are cut from a randomly painted piece of card from my scraps box (the contents of which never seem to diminish).


Think I'll get in training first before I do another one of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment