Wishing everyone a Happy New Year, and hope that 2014 is good to you.
I just had to do the second box (see previous post of 15 December), otherwise it would have been put to the back of the cupboard again for a couple more years!
This box is the same shape but slightly smaller than the first one, as the pair came one inside the other.
I had a rummage through my odds and ends stash and found this mesh-like fabric, which I used to cover most the the box. It looks a bit like an all over crackle effect.
I also found some old Prima paper flowers, a couple of metal leaves, plus a tiny acrylic rose, a heart charm and bead caps.
Most of this ended up on the lid, but a couple of flowers are also on the front too.
I then decided to add some Kroma Crackle, but I wanted it to run a little. I thought that the domed box lid would facilitate this. It did - but it ran right off - this stuff is surprisingly mobile if not on a flat surface! I tried again, this time patiently holding the lid and rocking it backwards and forwards until it slowed, then wedged the lid between lots of pot and things to keep it at a certain angle - that worked!
A coat of netrual grey acrylic paint brought it all together.
Quite a few layers of pastel paint ensued, when was then knocked back with a very watery whitewash of paint, dabbed off with a wet wipe.
Finally, a liberal dose of Treasure Gold gilding wax.
Close up of the lid.
Unusually for me, quite a pretty thing!