We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Saturday 11 January 2014

Had to use those Gelli prints .....

..... otherwise they would have been consigned to the "later" box!

Using the 6x6 Gelli Plate means the prints are great for using on cards.


Background print used a  steampunk mask.

And I got the Sizzix Bigz pocket watch die for my birthday - I love it!















Some of my first attempts at Gelli printing came out too dark, as I didn't know when to stop!  And the dark blue background here is one of them.

The image is stamped on a print made with dried left-over paint reactivated by brayering over the top.  I like the way the swirl I made can be seen on the binocular lenses - pure accident!

The  collage stamp is by DoCrafts.



These flowers (from the Chocolate Baroque steampunk floral set) have been stamped and white embossed on a print that again had little definition, but a pretty gold cast to it, which doesn't really show in the photos.

Background is a print pulled on texture acrylic paper.










Managed to stamp 5 flowers, so here are the other 2!

Gelli background is using a piece of blown wallpaper as a stamp onto the Gelli plate.













This background is a 2nd generation print, with stamped raindrops (stamp by Designs by Ryn), and the words (stamp by Sheena Douglas) stamped on another print.

Raindrops and words highlighted with a white pen.










Loved this 2nd generation print, which I cut into 2 pieces, and managed to match up the swirl lines.

Image by Lavinia Stamps.















Finally, this is one of the sheet music Gelli prints. I die-cut a circle then used a stick glue with gold foil randomly around the edge.

Die-cuts from Memory Box.














Happy January!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a gorgeous group of cards! Your Gelli plate prints are fabulous, I love them all. Thanks for the inspiration, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kay! it's great to hear from you again! The backgrounds are interesting in all of them. I think the last three are my favourites. The compositions are really neat and the colour combinations stand out to me. Love the use of the foil in the last card. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete