We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Tuesday 8 January 2019

2019 - dream it ... do it!

Happy new year!

Still in recycling mode using some of Laura's discarded items!  This time an eclectic mix of a bottle, bowl of acorns and a mushroom ...


All things had a gold base colour ... and then I used acrylic paint (including an interference one) in a random way, and wrapped the bottle in cling film.


















Same for the mushroom ...

















The bowl uses the same colours as the mushroom as I liked the combination, and the acorns are two different tones of gold.














That was fun ... but now I'm going back to my first love of  watercolour and mixed media, and I've already prepped some boards.

I was sent a couple of funnies that I thought I would share - as there is some element of truth in them!

I have come to the conclusion
that buying craft supplies and
actually using them are two
separate hobbies!

So true - my other hobby is buying paint!

My 2019 New Year's resolution
is to finish all my craft projects from 2018
that I should have done in 2017,
after I started them in 2016
after buying the supplies in 2015
with the patterns I found in 2014!

My problem is that I find stuff I bought year's ago and can't remember what the project is ...

Hope 2019 is a good one for everyone.


3 comments:

  1. Love the use of 'random' interference. I have the same problem with all that I have bought - can't remember what I was going to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your latest projects are fabulous. I've used that technique using cling wrap before and it works beautifully, but not as nice as what you got. You made some fabulous pieces from your sister's discards. You turned them into gems.

    I may have to steal (OOPS I mean BORROW) those funnies. They both hit too close to home. Like you, I have purchased something that I wanted to try, then when I find it again after several years, I have NO idea why I purchased it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, as promised I'm blatantly stealing these funnies from your blog for Friday Smiles, although I give you and your blog credit, of course. Thanks, dear!

    ReplyDelete