We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Monday 1 October 2018

Sweet things!

Decided to do a surprise painting for a friend. I've been meaning to do this for a little while, so the subjects of the painting are now quite a bit bigger!

I'm using watercolour paper, and to start with I did a background using diluted acrylic inks, as I didn't want the background to move again.


I then drew the outline and built up the colours with watercolour paint. I photographed the kittens on their play equipment, but I decided not to include all of it in the painting.


For the detail I used a combination of wax pastels, watercolour pencils, and pen.


Introducing brother and sister Ziggy and Socks.

I met some friends for breakfast the other morning, and unusually for me I decided to try something completely different! I'm quite boring when it comes to food. Now, I don't normally write about food, but this was so unusual for me that I wanted to mark the event!!!

I had the American breakfast, which included pancakes and maple syrup, and I rather liked it! Particularly the mix of syrup with the bacon and sausage! Another of our party decided to try the vegetarian version, but he ate the savoury bits first and then the pancakes and syrup!


We're meeting again in November, so I may try something else ...

Postscript - as suggested by Bluebeard and Elizabeth (see comment below), I'm joining the T Stands for Tuesday (see here). Never joined in before but I always enjoy reading about their foodie exploits!


12 comments:

  1. Kay, your painting is out of this world. Those kittens are so adorable and you caught their look perfectly. They sure are sweet, indeed.

    Of course, I knew you also meant the meal, too, which is something we in the states often eat. Since you showed your breakfast, which includes your drink, I would LOVE to have you join us for T Stands For Tuesday later today. It would also expose others to your incredible art and great artistic ability.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kay, thank you for sharing this with us for T this Tuesday. We are so delighted you decided to join us and look forward to seeing more of your art (which you KNOW I will, anyway).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow-those kittens on your painting are just gorgeous. And your breakfast looks yummy. It's nice you joined us for T so we could to know you a little better. Have a wonderful day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous painting and that breakfast looks sooooooo good! Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh what a beautiful painting-those kitties are adorable!! Welcome to T Day, and thanks for sharing that yummy breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful watercolour painting! Your breakfast looks so delicious - yum 😀. Wishing you a very Happy T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely painting-thanks so much for sharing with us. going out to eat breakfast food is just the best Happy T Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those adorable kittens are brought to life in your painting. Sweet!

    Your photo makes me hungry. I don't often eat breakfast, but it's not unusual for us to have those traditional breakfast foods for supper. Yours looks delicious :) Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that adorable little stack of pancakes.. i always love my pancakes in a 'stack'... comes from childhood i think... When hubby eats them he does so one at a time...lol

    What an incredible artist you are! Those kittens are adorable and it definitely comes thru in your painting.. Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your painting looks beautiful, the kittens look so sweet.
    It looks a delicious breakfast meal as well.
    Wishing you a happy T day.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your painting is absolutely wonderful! It's great to see you here with that delicious looking breakfast (although too much sugar I fear for me!) Happy T day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunning painting! love the realistic look that you have achieved. I miss painting in watercolor. You have inspired me. And your American breakfast makes me hungry just looking at it...
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete