We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Sunday 31 December 2017

Happy 2018!

I wanted to write a post on New Year's Eve, but I have a few projects on the go and not a lot finished! Nothing unusual there then ... Anyway, this little box canvas I did back in the summer, at an all day workshop where we did 2 canvases, but the other one went in the bin! It was a good day, as equal focus was on the food provided!

Today is a bit dark, rainy and dank, so this is a good reminder of summer!

If I remember rightly, this involved stamping onto tissue paper to create the background, and using inks and pens for colour. The dragonflies are stamped and hand cut (not my most favourite occupation), and there is a couple of die-cuts in there too.


Thank you to my readers and followers for all your comments this year, they are really appreciated.

Wishing everyone a peaceful and happy 2018, whatever you do - I seem to remember a quote about 365 blank pages, well I'm looking forward to 365 blank canvases!

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous way to end 2017. It was a lovely canvas, and I totally enjoyed it. I want to personally wish you a delightful, safe, and joyous New Year and an art filled 2018. I love the quote about 365 blank canvases. It is SO appropriate.

    ReplyDelete