We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Wednesday 15 November 2017

Looks like a rather blustery day ...

The penultimate part of this year's Craft Barn challenge has arrived, and this month's couplet is -

Dull November brings the blast,
Then the leaves are falling fast.

I enjoyed doing last month's entry in Photoshop, so I reviewed all the autumnal photos I've taken over the years, and found one which I took at Wakehurst Place. It looks like an Acer with fabulous deep orange and red colouring.

I played around with it in Photoshop and eventually decided to use the Ink Outline in the brush strokes section. I then added the text.  I felt it needed something else, so dug out a small leaf punch.

Creating something on the computer has certainly helped me get round the restrictive postcard size!


Can't believe there is just one more month to go with this challenge. Pleased I didn't give up, which I have been close to a couple of times. Not going to do postcard size ever again!! (never say never)

Happy windy-day!



6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photo! I know Wakehurst well and it's lovely in the Spring when the bluebells are out. I'm glad you didn't give up...just one more to go then a full set for your 2018 Calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous November entry, Kay. I am also glad you didn't give up, because I wouldn't know the rest of the story (so to speak) because I don't ever seem to visit the Craft Barn blog anymore. To me, bigger is better, so I applaud you for taking on the added burden of creating in that small size.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is really great, the white text on top of the photo works so well. I live near Wakehurst Place too, not been there in over a year so your mention of it has reminded me I should go there for a visit again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Photoshopped piece. Like you I've not enjoyed the shape I chose for this year's challenge. I wish had used a postcard size! But hey, it has got us out of our comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a super postcard. So glad you stuck with it and thank you for joining the Craft Barn Month Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, I love Acers, we have one in the garden that goes beautiful autumnal colours. xx

    ReplyDelete