We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Wednesday 13 September 2017

Pals, Powertex and Pebeo

The Fearless Four recently got together, and we are still on that Powertex road! This time using a mirror as the base. As I had recently done a mirror with other friends (see here), I decided to turn mine into a picture.

Last year, I had a Pebeo play and used some Eco-board tiles, to create this ... using the Moon and I think a bit of the Prisme, not sure though, so long ago!

Since then they have sat in a box waiting for inspiration to strike. I found they fitted perfectly over the centre mirror ...









I first blocked the mirror aperture with cardboard, and covered the whole piece with a mixture of ivory and grey Powertex. I then used Stone Art all over, into which I embedded some loose woven hessian.

Once dry, I've used acrylic paint for the colour, and dry brushed gold paint, together with some copper gilding wax.


And what did the others get up to ...

Lin's mirror has some metal butterflies and flowers, with Bister. There's a bit of crackle going on there too.















Linda went for texture and flowers, with a bit of silver sparkle.

















Monica used buttons - makes a change from shells!

I think we all have a button box, so a great way to use up those odd ones.












Another great day. We have already put the next one on the calendar, and we will not be using Powertex!

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness. I really like the tiles and the way you centered them in the frame you created using Powertex was wonderful. You fabulous four are truly great artists. I am always amazed when people have the same theme and tools, how different they all turn out. Just like these beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work - you and your friends look to have had a really great day xx

    ReplyDelete