We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Sunday 16 July 2017

Seeing red ...

I'm still on a Powertex wave!

With a couple of friends, I took part in another workshop; a good way to try stuff before maybe buying - this time I tried the red Powertex. Now, I'm not usually a red girl, but, I fell in love with the richness of this colour.

On a 40cm x 40cm box canvas, the texture is created from bits of wallpaper, hessian, cotton strings, sand, and paste through a stencil.

Also, some plaster ammonites from a mould and a couple of metal embellishments.

I also used black Bister and gold mica powder.



Followed by a good lunch ... another perfect day!

2 comments:

  1. This has turned out really well - much better than the blue !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning. I adore it. I especially LOVE the composition. It's so well put together. The color is lovely, but it's only part of the story. The rest is the beautiful way you put everything together.

    ReplyDelete