We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Monday 31 October 2016

Looking after the pennies ...

I seem to be in the middle of a few lengthy projects, but nothing is yet finished! So, as a break from painting I decided to decorate a moneybox blank, perhaps in the hope I may save a few pennies!

I was taken with my butterfly of butterflies wall plaque (see here), and I had some leftover die-cut butterflies, so went with the same theme.

Stuck all the butterflies on first, then covered in black gesso.  When dry I used a dry sponge (as opposed to dry brush!) to apply irridescent paints, and finished off with some gilding wax.

I protected it with a coat of varnish.

I thought I had used different colours to the plaque, but when I put them side by side ... virtually the same colour palette. Well, at least I'm consistent!




Detail close-up






















Now - where are those pennies!


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous project and detail. Happy Halloween :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable addition to your home. It's a gorgeous box, and the butterflies will be welcome anywhere you put it. Since it goes so well with your plaque, you might want to keep them in the same room.

    Happy Halloween to you, too!!

    ReplyDelete