I started an experimental watercolour at the weekend, and then I saw the next letter in the Craft Barn Alpha Dictionary challenge was T.
So - never to ignore a touch of serendipity - taraxacum (or dandelion) is my word.
I wanted to try dropping isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) into a wet watercolour wash. My first attempt was a bit of a disaster as I used too much alcohol into too wet a wash, and it wiped out most of the wash. I tried to recover it, but it did eventually end up in the bin.
So, I let the wash dry a bit, but then the alcohol didn't spread, so I helped it a bit by removing some of the wash with a round wet sponge and then dropped the alcohol in.
Nowhere near perfect, but I learned what not to do!
So ... make a wish!