We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Thursday 23 June 2016

Hug a tree!

I've now completed the short painting trees watercolour course, and found it the most difficult one so far!

I've learned a lot, but so much more practice is needed - anyway, here are my efforts.

I used a photo I found, which had far distance, middle distance, and near trees. I've made quite a few errors here, but I now know where I went wrong, so perhaps I'll have another go sometime, with the same picture.


Every time I go out now, I can't help but look at all the trees - shapes, colours, effects of distance ...

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?
Supposing it didn't, said Pooh after careful thought.
Piglet was comforted by this."
A A Milne


2 comments:

  1. I was in AWE of this lovely painting. You are such a remarkable painter. Very impressive, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful painting, well done! I've also taken water colour classes and need many more. i didn't spend enough time practicing, which it takes I know. You have done amazingly well, keep it up ! Hugs, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete