We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Friday 3 July 2015

So many paints - so little time!

We went to the Craft Barn at the weekend for a Brusho workshop with Kay Carley - good fun!

So, yesterday, my Brushos nudged the oil paints out of the way!

I laid a stencil onto a piece of card and sprinkled some orange, purple and violet Brushos, then a quick spritz.  Removed the stencil and laid another piece of card on top of the still wet stencil.

Now I have a positive and a negative. Two subtle backgrounds, which is what I was after.

I decided to use the negative one.










When I was clearing stuff out for the craft room make-over I found a paper bag with some felt and tyvek experiments.

This one is layers of felt, bondaweb and painted tyvek, covered with some paper, and ironed. The tyvek reacts with heat and starts to break up - fascinating!






Anyway, I cut some flowers out, used some of the felt edges to create some stalks, and added some purple half pearl centres ...

My entry for this week's Craft Barn challenge, which is stars or stripes.


Happy July!

3 comments:

  1. Love your stripes - it's a good feeling to use up some old stuff isn't it? The flowers are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAB, and you have done it again! Another challenge win :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super background to display the flowers. A worthy winner of the Craft Barn challenge.

    ReplyDelete