We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Wednesday 25 February 2015

Polka-dot papillon!

This week's challenge over at the Craft Barn is Tando.  Now, when I saw that I thought - help - I don't have any ... silly me!


I found this fab splatter stencil, and there were just two butterflies left in the pack.  So, not a lot to work with, but I've recently bought the new Paper Artsy caribbean set of paints ...







... a perfect opportunity to try them out.  First I coloured the background with Distress Inks, then used the stencil with the new paints - got a bit carried away - even painted the butterflies with that gorgeous blue!

I edged the butterflies with a black Adirondack pen, added some black dots, and gave them tails!

So, I present to you the very rare polka-dot papillon- or - perhaps flying dice!

 



7 comments:

  1. Love this. I think I may need the splatter stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card. Love the splatter background. Great colours :)

    ReplyDelete

  3. Lovely card great splatter background and special butterflies

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  4. All things bright and beautiful...Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab paints, love how you gave the butterflies tails :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh this is lovely!! Thank you for joining in the Tando Challenge.
    Jane (The Craft Barn) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely cheerful that is going to brighten somebody's day.

    ReplyDelete