You may recall the tissue papers I painted (see here), some of which I used to enter the Paper Artsy fragile papers challenge, but at the time I couldn't tell you the main reason for the papers. Now I can!
Every year, for my sister's birthday, I try and come up with something to use as a card, which is not a card!
I was inspired by a project in the January issue of Craft Stamper - and it was all a case of trial and error for me ...
Making a wire figure was, on the face of it, easy, but the first one I made had separate legs, which I tried to attach, but of course it wouldn't stand up. So I created the head, body and legs out of one length of wire.
I then attached the paper. At this point I realised the tissue paper wouldn't be robust enough, so I used the crunchy wax paper, which still retained the translucency I wanted.
Once dry, I trimmed off the excess paper.
The balloons were done in the same way.
I then added the arms and hair, and attached the balloons. I fixed the separate pieces of wire together with glossy accents.
I drilled a couple of holes in a piece of cut driftwood, and inserted the legs, again using glossy accents as the glue.
Happy Birthday Little Sis!