We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Monday 5 January 2015

Magazine girls!

Continuing with collage, I've done a couple of cards, they are both very similar, but this was an experiment, and I wanted a back-up!

Started with strips cut from magazines, some incorporating headline words, and stuck them to a couple of 5" x 5" pieces of card.

Covered both with a thin coat of gesso to take the edge off the colours.



In my box of pastes, I found a pot of Ferro paste, which is a rusty brown colour with a bit of subtle sparkle, and I used this through a stencil.






I then added some colour with Brusho paints, and mounted onto card blanks.


























Here is a poem from my book of Haiku -

Walking in the night -
Snow is falling,
A farewell to the year.

by Shara

1 comment:

  1. What stunning results, love the background - and the foreground's pretty good too! xx

    ReplyDelete