We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Sunday 2 November 2014

Four does three .....

The Fearless Four got together again recently, and this time we started with a triple recessed frame.



This frame is the papermache kind, which are really cheap (so it doesn't matter if it ends up in the bin!), but is robust enough to take whatever you throw at it!









I decided to challenge myself not to use any stamps, die-cuts or ephemera - just paint.


I started by painting the frame, and the background of three chipboard inserts, using Paper Artsy Fresco paints.

The inserts would be painted as one picture, then split between the 3 recess







I briefly sketched out a plan, and then dived in (metaphorically speaking), telling myself, it didn't matter if it all went pear-shaped!

I used Liquitex Basics heavy body acrylics, as I wanted the paint to have more texture.

And yes, my favourite cone shaped flowers again! (but at least they are not blue!).
















I also painted and cut out a couple more cone flowers (from spare chipboard), together with some stems.  I added some more grasses onto the frame too.

Here is the final result, and I'm quite pleased with my first attempt at something that relies on nothing but paint!


Now, for a look at what everyone else did - they were all unfinished when the photos were taken.



Here is Monica's pretty floral display, which is going to be a reminder of sunny days!







Linda went for a timeless winter scene - I wouldn't mind spending Christmas there!






Lin did a vibrant scene using some funky houses.  Think I would like to live ..... in the blue one!







I really enjoy our days together - hope we never run out of stuff to paint/stamp/ink/alter!

1 comment: