We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Thursday 16 October 2014

A little bird told me .....

I've been working on this canvas, on and off, for a couple of weeks.  I've used my favourite wood canvas - my last one, so must get some more!


For the background I've used pieces of textured ribbon, with modelling paste and texture paste.

















I also prepared some paper clay faces, using a mould, and hand cut neck and shoulders.


















I then experimented with bits of fabric, and hand made papers.

I stiffened some loose weave fabric with Paverpol, but watered down PVA works just as well.

The handmade paper I have is quite soft and easily moulded, so used Paverpol on that too.

The hair is made from a selection of different fibres.

Everything is painted in neutral shades, but .....







..... to finish, I wanted a little bit of colour - so - and I am sure you can guess - yes - my personal mantra which I find hard to ignore - a bluebird!

I also added a little gold mica.



And I've still got another head and shoulders to do another canvas, - I can't guarantee that another bluebird will not  alight somewhere!

2 comments: