We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Tuesday 8 July 2014

Who said that .....?

Whilst taking part in the Craft Barn Quotes and Lyrics challenge, I am finding more quotes I like, so thought I would make a couple of quick cards using some newly discovered ones.


The first quote is by Oscar Wilde.

I printed the quotes onto card first, but as I use an inkjet printer I had to be careful not to smudge the ink with anything too wet!

So, I've brayered some ink lightly in the background, then used a favourite stamp - can't remember who this stamp is by.  Added dabs of glitter glue and punched some butterflies.






This quote wasn't attributed to anyone when I originally found it, but having done some research it is from a poem called Tears (1892), by American poet John Vance Cheney.

Another brayered ink background, and more favourite stamps.

The water droplets (Designs by Ryn) have been Glossy Accented.

The butterfly stamp was a freebie (I think!).


Here is the complete poem, which I rather like!

Not in the time of pleasure
Hope doth set her bow;
But in the sky of sorrow,
Over the vale of woe.
Through gloom and shadow look we
On beyond the years!
The soul would have no rainbow
Had the eyes no tears.

2 comments:

  1. Love the cards and quotes. I especially love anything by Oscar Wilde,such a brilliant witty man

    Hugs
    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, I am loving your choice of quotes!!! I enjoyed reading the whole poem. Many thanks for entering this month's draw on my blog. Always love seeing what you're up to! Bye for now :)

    ReplyDelete