We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Sunday 7 July 2013

Sunshine, Wimbledon & Christmas .....

Loving the sunshine, and the tennis ..... but I run a small craft group too, meeting once a month.  We don't get together in July or August, but as the end of the year is busy for me, I like to prepare projects well ahead of time.

So I got all my Christmas stuff out (aarrrggghhhh!) and tried to get my head around that cold, snowy feeling! I believe Christmas cards should be quick and easy, as there are so many to make.  The craft group sessions are a couple of hours so decided to aim for 3 cards for each session.



Here is what I came up with - some dry embossing, stamping, pro-markers, and lots of glitter!













The angel is very easy - take a scalloped circle, cut into 3 segments, and arrange as the body and 2 wings.  Add a small circle for the head.  Simple, but effective.



I like small Christmas stamps, and I love this newish one from Paper Artsy - I've added some glitter which does not show up in the photo.  I've used an embossing folder which has a central panel, and embossed a piece of white card, cut the panel out, and overlayed onto the red embossed card, using foam pads to raise the panel slightly.

I've not finished yet, as I need to come up with some other Christmas projects for the Group, but I'm going back to summer now, and getting my paints out!

Happy tennis - hope Andy wins this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment