We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Saturday 27 July 2013

Final Christmas project .....

is done!  Woo hoo!!!

Bit of a struggle to maintain the momentum, but I was determined to finish it, as I don't need the stress later in the year.

This is an origami paper wreath, which is perfect as a hanging thingy for the Christmas tree, but would also make great Christmas bunting.

I didn't have the Christmas tree to hand for display purposes, so I've used a mug tree (close enough!).


I found how to do these on Pinterest.  Instructions can be found here.

I've made two sizes, but you can make any size you want.  I've used various decorative stuff, including sequins and punched shapes.


Here is a close-up of my favourite, using tiny rolled roses, dunked in glitter.













I did try embossing the finished wreath, but it just wouldn't go through my Cuttlebug, and because of the amount of folds, the finish would be uneven anyway.  This one went half way through before I thought, no, not a good idea.  (Any embossing would need to be done before the folding.)

So I dotted PVA glue all over, and sprinkled mixed sequins.






Now I've got lots of Christmas projects for my craft group, I have packed all the Christmas stuff away (again), and it won't see the light of day until I get some inspiration for my own Christmas cards!

So shaking off the glitter,  a great day out was had by all last week, when 3 of us visited a friend in Seaford, and took a little stroll along the seafront.


The perfect antidote to Christmas!  And why do seagulls line up in a row and gaze out to sea - what are they looking at?
Happy holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment