We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Tuesday 23 April 2013

More things with wings!

I'm getting a bit obsessed with die-cuts on canvas, so these are my last for a bit, as I want to try other stuff.  I found 2 small canvases measuring 5" x 5", with their own wooden frames.  Started each one in 2 sessions with friends, and finished off at home.  I purposely chose similar paint colours and themes to make a pair.  The frames are slightly crackled.

A dissimulation of birds (I'm into collective nouns ....)


And a couple of birds with a guest - just the one spider, but a few would be a clutter of spiders .... not sure if they are having a conversation, or just eyeing up lunch!


If you want to see how I do it, go to the March post entitled Singing the Blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment