We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Tuesday 19 March 2013

Still obsessed with stencils!

Stencils remain flavour of the month with me, and I also like using Sparkle Medium (the Diamond one).  Another favourite look is silhouettes, so I combined everything to make some cards.  All the backgrounds are pieces of card smooshed through puddles of spritzed Distress Ink, the die-cuts are all Memory Box ones; finished off with some Craftwork Cards sentiment discs.




3 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!!! Do you have any more detailed instructions? I would love to try making something like these beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BJY - the background colour is done by wiping Distress Ink pads on a craft sheet, then spritzing it with water; the card is then laid on top and wiggled a bit. When dry, take your chosen stencil and lay on top of card. I used Sparkle Medium from Imagination Crafts, but you could create your own using translucent paste and glitter. Put the paste through the stencil, but don't do the whole stencil, just part of it. To finish I used black card and die-cut some silhouettes. Hope this helps!

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much. I can't wait to try this. I'm going to make my own glitter texture paste.

      Delete