We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Tuesday 26 February 2013

Still excited!!

I've not known which way to turn the past few days, wanting to play with my new machine, but also needing to prepare for some workshops I'm giving.  Anyway, today I took time out to try my new machine.


Tried all the dies I've got, the thin metal ones like Memory Box, Spellbinders, Cheery Lyn; and the Sizzix Bigz dies.  Also tried some embossing folders, (you get an A4 embossing folder in the bundle, and I know there are large folders now available).  All work really well, and with an A4 platform, cutting several smaller dies at once really saves time; can also get 2 x A6 embossing folders through at once.

Tried all sorts of materials - here is a selection - hessian (double thickness), a thick leatherette, copper mesh, and 3mm mountboard.


All cut really easily.  Very pleased with the mountboard, as I can see many uses, particularly giving some dimension on canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment