First I covered some board with pieces of card - some embossed, and some die-cut.
Then painted with pearl paints, and a bit of metallic paint, I quite like this as it is, but wanted to stick to the plan!
Although the colours are quite subtle as the pearl paint is pale and translucent - and I changed the colour of the birds - I do like this. It has a sheen to it which the photo hasn't captured particularly well.
Then I had a go with pastel acrylics (Fresco again!). These colours are more defined, and I didn't put the bitumen over the whole piece.
Again, the photo has lost some of the colour. Borrowed a brushful of Liquid Leaf to highlight the hearts - must get some bottles of that stuff, as it is stunning.
I do like this look, so will have another go on canvas board, and combine with other techniques.
Enjoy the sunshine!