We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Saturday 26 May 2018

"Which of all my important nothings shall I tell you first?"

Written by Jane Austin to her sister (15 June 1808)

I'm in that usual place of too many projects and nothing finished! So here are some further acrylic pourings, when I tried adding some of the Pebeo fantasy paints - Prisme and Moon. I didn't add enough, but I do think the combination will work if I'm more adventurous with the quantities!

This was mainly an acrylic pour with some green Moon and turquoise Prisme.





















Here's a close up.

The Pebeo paints don't sink below the acrylic, but to get the special effects I should have added more of the Pebeo paint.












I was pleased with this pour, as I got lots of cells without applying any heat. Think this will go on the front of a notebook!



















Lastly, this was pouring colours separately. Another notebook cover ...?






















I recently visited the village of Chawton in Hampshire, which was home to Jane Austen. Jane Austen's House is now a museum, which I could quite happily live in!

This 17th century house in where Jane Austen spent the last eight years of her life. The cottage was part of the Chawton Estate which her brother Edward inherited. Edward offered his mother and sisters this cottage as their home.











We visited in April when the garden was just coming to life. Very pretty.
















We then went to Chawton House which was where her brother lived.

Jane refers to this as the "Great House".











"Ah! There is nothing like staying at home, for real comfort."
Jane Austen

2 comments:

  1. Your acrylic pours are wonderful. Even the one you think doesn't have enough paint. I love them all, and am very impressed. I think you have this technique in the bag!

    What a glorious home. The outside is awesome and the garden is amazing. I love how they planted shade loving plants under that tree. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your acrylic pourings are beautiful. I haven't tried this technique yet, thanks for the inspiration. Looks like you had a lovely time at Jane Austen's home - TFS the photos. xx

    ReplyDelete