We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Sunday 26 March 2017

Recipe for a good time ...

Ingredients:
Yupo Paper
Alcohol Inks
Brushos
Coffee
Smoked Salmon
A good friend

Had a session with all of the above last week. I tried Yupo paper some time ago, but I recently got together with a friend for another go!

 Here is all that I produced, and I'll go through some individual pieces in more detail.


Doing a landscape with alcohol inks is fun. For the sky I used a cotton wool ball with some blending solution and swirled it around.

I used the solution in a mister to add texture, and the corner of a credit card to create some grasses. The edge of a coffee stirrer moves the ink around.

The moon is a drop of silver mixative.



Similar techniques used here.

I thought I could use this as a background and stamp some fish on it!











A little more random using Isopropyl alcohol in the mister (which is a bit stronger than the blending solution), and dropping in some Isopropyl too.

I'll probably use this for a background.











Now to Brushos - I spritzed plain water onto the Yupo and sprinkled the Brushos. I then just left it to dry.

Makes a very subtle background for stamping.












I love using clingfilm on all liquid media but I can be impatient.

As Yupo is completely non-absorbent I had to be extremely patient! But I do love the effect.

I sprinkled the Brushos on dry, then spritzed before applying the cling film. I have a tendency to peek under the film quite regularly, but I had to wait til the next day before removing it!





On this one, I created a Brusho background, then added a couple of drops of water and Brusho on the bottom edge, before taking my trusty straw and blowing.

The paint moves very freely on the Yupo so not much puff is needed!











And here is what Linda W created with Alcohol Inks too.

Great colour combinations.


















A fun session getting reacquainted with these materials!

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen Yupo paper, but I've heard it is wonderful. I loved everything you did, and especially enjoyed the coffee stirrer technique and the use of the Isopropyl alcohol. I keep reading you can't buy it in England without a prescription, so was surprised you used it in your art. This is wonderful, and so many different techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely fun day with good results.

    ReplyDelete