We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Sunday 28 February 2016

Who lives in a town like this?

Update on my watercolour adventures...

Following on from the tertiary chart I did a couple of weeks back, (see here), our next watercolour exercise was to produce a painting using tertiary colours (no surprise there!).

We were provided with a scene to draw, and have spent a couple of weeks completing it.

I've found my new brushes so much better, and really enjoyed doing this one, though I think watercolour is a most unforgiving medium.

This time I also used some crayons (Neocolor II) to finish and to add a little texture.



Looking at my finished piece (is a painting ever finished?), I thought - did I really do that!

Painting is easy when you don't know how
and very difficult when you do.
Edgar Degas

1 comment: