We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Thursday 5 November 2015

Mirror, mirror ...

I took a break from collage and watercolour, which has been my main focus recently whilst doing the art course, and decided to do something totally different.

The mirror was white to begin with, and I added a dragonfly die-cut, and modelling paste through one of my favourite Designs by Ryn stencils - the Hibiscus one.

I then covered it all at random using 3 colours of Pinflair Liquid Buff-it, followed by some grey Decoart Antiquing Cream. A touch of gilding wax gave some highlights, and lastly a couple of coats of varnish.




Now I've got to finish my latest collage, which is proving a bit of a challenge!

Happy Guy Fawkes Night - though I think it could be a little damp!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kaybee! Hope all is well with you! Thanks for showing me your latest project :) The colour blending is beautiful in this! Also really like how the stencils came out. They're subtle but definitely visible. Lovely mirror project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Kay. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous mirror frame, love the colours and the combination of the dragonfly with the Hibiscus. Happy Sunday xx

    ReplyDelete