We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Wednesday 2 September 2015

Mirror, mirror ...

Time for another Fearless Four get together, and the challenge this time was to start from black and use metallic and iridescent colours.

I used a mirror for the base, which started out black anyway.  I added some paste through a stencil, and some  hot glue drips.

I found some wooden pieces which I decided to use too.

Then I covered the whole thing in black acrylic paint.











When that was dry, I gave it a wash in a very diluted Old Gold Pinflair Liquid Buff It paint.

The shimmer doesn't show in this photo - but it is there!















Then I used various colours of neat Liquid Buff It, together with some Pebeo iridescent paint.

Finally, I added a couple of coats of gloss varnish and some crackle glaze - it's quite subtle and difficult to see in the photo.

Reminds me of that oil on water look.



What did the other's get up to?


Monica's mirror




















Lin's triple panels




































Linda's mirror




















Another fab day with good friends, a good lunch and lots of paint!  What more can a girl ask?

1 comment: