I started this project a couple of weeks ago, got side-tracked (mainly by the holiday!), so have only just finished it.
I'm using a wood canvas - my last one, so must get some more as these are my favourite substrates to use.
First, some texture paste through a seedhead stencil, then paint, using some unusual colours for me! Also used the darker shade to stamp some background images.
I addeded some strips from book pages to create some grassy shapes.
As I wanted to do a collage with my favourite cone flower shape, prepared some card using printed tissue paper and random paint. Then cut some petals, and created some open flowers. I also punched 2 sizes of circles to create some buds.
Although I don't use it much - mainly because I forget I've got it - I love the Golden Gold Mica Flake (Large), which has mica flakes held in a clear drying medium. I used some of this on the flowers to create pollen dust.
Difficult to capture on film, but here is a close-up, taken in full sun, hence the startling colour change!
Final canvas, not taken in full sun, and showing true colours.
Here's to finding a little gold dust today!