We found that using card as the base for doing several layers of paint did not work, as it was difficult to blend. We had more success using Ranger's Sticky Backed Canvas, mounted onto card, as this gave a better finish, but irritatingly it wouldn't stay flat, curling up at every opportunity!
We didn't finish anything on the day, but I've spent further time on what I did, and ended up with these cards.
The base of this one is card, where I found it difficult to blend the paint.
I've recently discovered a fabulous white opaque pen - the Sharpie white paint one. I used it to highlight the die-cuts edges, and then applied some gilding wax.
To finish this one I applied some Distress Ink to create a setting sun - quite a challenge to do this as an afterthought, as I had to create a positive mask for the goose and a negative one for the sun, and then hold them both in place whilst applying the ink - a juggling act I don't recommend!!
Gilding wax beckoned for this one too.
We concluded that doing cards this way was too time consuming and restricting, so we are going back to proper canvases! Having said that, this would be a good way to make a card for a special person, which could be framed.
Here are what the others got up to - unfinished on the day, but I sure are now looking good as cards!